Quilted Pot Holder
11305 W 87th Terrace
Overland Park, Ks 66214
913-649-2704 or 913-492-8877
Quilted Potholder/ Trivet
Supplies- 2- 9” x 18” fabric pieces for potholder body
- 1. Layer batting and heat resist( in the middle) between 9” x 18” pieces of fabric and quilt.
- 2. Cut 1- 8” square and 2- 8” x 3 ½” rectangles
- 3. Use glue stick to cover the back of your applique design. Place in center
of 8” square. Zig Zag or satin stitch around applique to attach,
- 4. Using wof strip- fold in half and bind 1 long edge of each 3 ½”rectangle.
- 5. Create the loop from a 3” piece of wof strip. Fold right sides together
and sew a scant seam the length of the piece. Turn and press. Pin to right side corner of 8” square,
creating a loop. The loop piece will be directed to the
- 6. Using just a couple of pins as the pieces will be thick, pin rectangles to plain side of square at edges.
You will have a small gap in the center.
- 7. Using your WOF strip, finish the raw edge with binding. I like to fold the binding strip in half with
raw edges together.
Then sew to the back at a scant ¼”.
Wrap the folded edge around to the front then machine stitch the fold to the stitching line.
©2018 Quilted Memories LLC All Rights Reserved
Fast and Easy Cheese Ball
Mix together 8 oz. softened cream cheese, 8 oz sour cream, 8 oz grated cheddar cheese and
½ packet of Ranch dressing mix. Roll in chopped pecans. Refrigerate for 1 hr. Serve with crackers.